Congratulations to Frank Scura and friends from the Action Sports Environmental Coalition (ASEC) on opening the first-ever of many Green Rooms at Hobie Surf Shop in Laguna Beach. As many of you heard Frank and his panel at the BRA Retail Summit a couple of weeks ago, the Green Room initiative is to group ecologically-friendly footwear, apparel and other products together in clearly marked areas of stores in the hopes of specifically targeted an environmentally conscious consumer. In addition to helping the planet, the goal is to stimulate sales and give independent board retailers a point of difference as big box stores become more involved in selling action sports-inspired clothing.
The fee to participate in the Green Room initiative is $400 annually per store for members of the Board Retailers Association and $500 for non-members.
The fee includes:
- Sourcing for private label, endemic and non-endemic natural products, including access to eight graphics by well-known artists where store names can be dropped in
- Integration into a national marketing and public relations campaign.
- Marketing tools, windows and point of purchases displays
- Education materials including a “Shop greening and sourcing guide.”
- Development strategies and collective brand retailer partnerships
- Listing in the ASEC’s retailer web locator and association with brands eco catalog
To find out more about the Green Room or to signup, email email@example.com.